Before zeroing on a refrigerator, you must know different features a refrigerator offers and whatnot. Here we will take you through various features in our article BEST REFRIGERATOR IN INDIA- BUYER’S GUIDE so that you can make the right choice.
Confused as to which refrigerator you should buy. We bring you a comprehensible article on BUYER’S GUIDE–BEST REFRIGERATOR IN INDIA and once you go through this article, we assure you that you will be able to purchase the BEST REFRIGERATOR IN INDIA as per your need.
TYPES OF REFRIGERATOR
a) SINGLE DOOR REFRIGERATOR
- Suitable for bachelors or for a family of a maximum of 3 persons.
- Manually one has to defrost at regular intervals though these days a few brands have incorporated auto defrost feature in single door refrigerator as well.
- Mostly Direct Cool.
- Size ranges from 60L to 270L.
- It consumes less energy.
b) DOUBLE DOOR REFRIGERATOR
- Suitable for a family of four to five persons.
- Equipped with frost-free technology to prevent ice build-up which is not present in Single Door Refrigerator.
- Size ranges from 250L to 500L.
- Large space for freezer, adjustable and spacious shelves as compared to Single Door Refrigerator.
- Toughened glass shelves capable of taking load up to 150kg.
- Costs more than a Single Door Refrigerator. Minimum starting price is INR 17,000
c) TRIPLE DOOR REFRIGERATOR
- Suitable for a family of four persons or more.
- Capacity ranges from 240L to 330L.
- Auto defrost.
- One of the advantages is odor mixing doesn’t take place because of 3 different compartment ts.
- The top portion is the freezer, the middle one is for storing food items and the bottom portion is for storing vegetables.
- Toughened glass shelves.
- Slimmer and taller.
- Consumes more energy than double door refrigerator because of 3 separate compartments.
- Costs more than double door refrigerator.
- If your priority is looks and elegance than the triple door refrigerator is better than double door refrigerator.
d) SIDE BY SIDE REFRIGERATOR
- Suitable for family with 5 or more members.
- Capacity ranges from 560L to 860L.
- Best cooling performance compared to all types of refrigerators.
- Some models also have ice and water dispenser at the front.
- Multi digital sensors.
- It is the costliest of the lot.
- It consumes more energy compared to all the types of refrigerators.
- Your house must have sufficient space in order to accommodate this refrigerator.
One of the key factors to consider while buying refrigerator is its capacity. Capacity of a refrigerator is measured in terms of liters.
As per the size of the family you must purchase a refrigerator so that its optimum utilisation could be done and also you get value for your hard earned money.
For bachelors and couples, capacity required ranges from around 60L to 230L.
Small families with 3 members, capacity required is 200L to 300L. Families with four or 5 members, refrigerator with 250L to 350L capacity are required. And for a large family with more than 5 members, the capacity required is 450L and above.
a) DIRECT COOL TECHNOLOGY
- Here the cool air circulation takes place by natural convection process.
- Temperature distribution is not uniform.
- Manual defrosting is required to prevent ice build up.
- Most single door refrigerators come with direct cool technology.
- It is economical.
- Low power consumption which in turn unables you to shell out less money for electricity bill.
b) FROST FREE TECHNOLOGY
- Electric fans facilitate the circulation of cool air inside the fridge compartment.
- Defrosting takes place automatically.
- Double Door, Triple Door and Side by Side refrigerators come with frost free technology.
- It costs more compartively.
- Power consumption is more.
Bureau of Energy Efficiency(BEE) rates the refrigerator from 1 to 5 stars on the basis of energy consumption by the refrigerator. 5-star refrigerator consumes the least energy and a 1-star refrigerator consumes the maximum energy.
Thus one of the features to look for BEST REFRIGERATOR IN INDIA is the star rating. Higher the rating higher the efficiency.
Ratings keep changing as new technologies come up. Say a refrigerator launched in 2014 had energy rating of 5 stars but today that refrigerator would have rating less than 5 stars as new technologies have been incorporated in latest models which consumes less energy.
TYPES OF COMPRESSOR
There are conventional compressors and inverter compressors. These days most refrigerators have got Inverter Linear Compressors.
Conventional Compressors have more friction points compared to Inverter Compressors.
The conventional compressors start at very high speed and keep on running till the pre-determined temperature is reached. As a result refrigerators with conventional compressors make a lot of noise.
Inverter Compressors consume less energy, make less noise, minimizes wear and tear and make precise cooling adjustments to keep your food fresh.
Inverter Compressors also sense temperature change and accordingly adjust the compressor speed thereby reducing energy wastage. This makes the Inverter Compressors the energy-efficient compressors.
Some Additional Features
These days refrigerators come with many new features that make your life easy, retains your food fresh for a longer time, and gives elegant look to your modular kitchen.
Our article on BEST REFRIGERATOR IN INDIA- BUYER’S GUIDE will also give you a brief idea on additional features that refrigerators these days offer.
Smart Diagnosis: Right now only LG offers smart diagnosis features which makes your life hassle-free when it comes to servicing your refrigerator. You don’t need to wait for an engineer to detect the problem.
You just need to follow the Smart Diagnosis process and wait for a call to tell you what to do.
Toughened Glass Shelves: These shelves are durable and can take up load of up to 160kg. This enables the user to store large utensils and pots inside the fridge without any worry of it getting damaged.
Ice and Water Dispenser: Only Side by Side refrigerators come with ice and water dispensers at the front. With this feature you don’t need to open the door of the fridge or freezer when you need water or ice thereby makes your life too easy.
Smart Control: A few Side by Side refrigerators can also be controlled through an app in your smart phone and even when you are not present in your home.
Movable ice maker: It helps in dispensing more ice cubes if needed during summer and similarly during winters when there is no need for ice you can easily remove the same to create more storage space in the freezer.
Easily slide shelves: This helps in reaching food items at the back and in the corners without having to navigate through an obstacle course of items.
Power Cool/Power Breeze: This feature in the refrigerator facilitates fast cooling and freezing on-demand as intense cold air may be blown to cool instantly the groceries.
Moreover, for the formation of ice, the power breezer delivers a fast blast of cold air into the freezer. Certainly, rapid cooling performance may be experienced.
Honeycomb moisture lock-in technology in vegetable crisper ensures balanced air and optimum freshness by condensing the evaporated moisture from food.
LED lights are energy-efficient therefore it reduces your electricity bill and moreover the brighter and slimmer LED light creates more storage space as well.
Antibacterial door gaskets of the refrigerator prevent the entry and formation of any bacteria and germs inside the fridge thereby keeping the freshness of food items inside the fridge for a longer time.
So friends this is all about BEST REFRIGERATOR IN INDIA-BUYER’S GUIDE for Refrigerator. I hope this article gives you in-depth knowledge about various features of a refrigerator and also helps you in making the right choice as per your need.
If you have any doubt you may ask your questions in the comment section below and we shall revert back as soon as possible.